Thursday, 14 July 2016

My biggest battle....

... is my weight. In 1988 I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid and although I take medication for it, my dose since breaking my arm has yoyo-ed. It seems my fall did more than break my arm, it upset my body. Consequently I have gain 22 pounds and I was very over weight before it. A lot of my weight gain since my fall is lack of effort to lose weight or even care about my diet... but I am now heavier than I have ever been. What has brought it home to me is a dress ......www.alwayssmiling24.blogspot.co.uk (You can see it here) Yesterday I have made myself a dress, yes with one arm I have managed it, but it was an easy pastern just two pieces with the neck and arm holes faced with bias binding. The style is a loose style, typical for fat women. In the past I have tackled losing weight by denying myself everything and although I kept it up for a week or two, it was too hard and I crashed!! So I have talked this over with DH and have decided on a more sensible approach to losing weight. Using the slimming world plan I am giving myself a target of losing 3 stone/ 42 pounds by Christmas. That works out as 1.8 pounds per week which is achievable for me.
I started today and have eaten well; tonight our evening meal is SW's diet coke chicken. Dh slices yellow and red peppers with it and sugar snap peas and we have it with rice. It is delicious and something I can eat more than once a week..
Anyone out there in blog land struggling too and wants to lose weight over the next 6 months, please leave a comment and together we can do it?

XX

2 comments:

  1. All the best for the weight loss road. I am going to join you. We are in metrics here and I want to lose 3kg - by Christmas sounds do-able to me so here we go from today! Can you share the Diet Coke chicken recipe? Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been an inspiration to me today to resist temptation. I allowed myself a treat of a Diet Coke. I'm with you all the way on this.

    ReplyDelete