Saturday, 25 February 2017

A Happy Sad day

25th February is my youngest son's birthday.. this is the son, now 46 who hasn't spoken to me for over 5 years. I get very weepy when I think about him and how he is with me today. He was such a lovely boy and used to sneak into our bedroom and crawl around the bed on his hands and knees to whisper, 'mummy do you want a cup of tea?' He was 8 and it was 6:00am!! ... in that house we used to sit in the kitchen together before anyone else got up and laugh and talk and practise his spellings for school. I have such happy memories of him. He and  I were really close and after my divorce,  he was 16 at that time,  he lived with me till he bought his own house at age 22..but as it wasn't that far from me, so he was always popping back to borrow things.
I had saved up and bought a new lounge carpet and made some fun signs of a pair of boots in a red circle with a diagonal line through it to signify 'No Boots Allowed.'
A few days later I came home from work to a note from him in  my kitchen...
' Dear Mum, borrowed a fish slice and by the way, nice carpet, I walked on it in my boots!!'  He was such a fun young man. When a few years later, he had a dreadful upset with a young woman, he came to live with me, here in this house, while he got himself together, sold his house and bought a bigger one and today he has an even bigger detached house worth over £500,000, but alone. I love and miss him so much and I pray for him all the time.. hope he has a happy day with someone to share it with. He has a little dachound dog Maisie, who goes everywhere with him.
I looked after her for a week while my son was on holiday not long after he got her. What a naughty girl she was, she wore me out and I couldn't wait to give her back!!


XX
 
Welcome to two new followers, Maggie and Crafty.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe one day he will see sense, can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel - my eldest son has distanced himself from me and his two younger brothers and it's stalemate now. I can't see it ever being resolved. Very sad, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know this feeling well, my ex wife has totally turned my eldest son, 45, and daughter, 23, against me, haven't spoken to either in 6 years.

    Fortunately middle son, 40, can see through her lies and rarely speaks to her.

    ReplyDelete