Friday, 24 February 2017

Our most favourite place in the world.....

.........is the sea-side.. But this is Southend. I was born and grew up by the sea in S. Wales. For a while I used to look in Southend for a house. It had to be within walking distance of the sea front, have at least three bedrooms and a downstairs loo, or at least a place to have one put in... but I could never coordinate selling and buying, and properties in our price range sold like hot cakes. Then  I found the Suffolk house and loved it. OK it isn't a stone's throw from the sea, but it's not far and sea is sea where ever you are and in Suffolk, we will have a lovely house and be near my #1Ds, so I am very happy.
It looked deserted today although there were people like us walking in the sunshine.  The sea was like a mill pond....The palm trees were planted a few years ago at a £1000 each; the first year they all died, not enough rain, would you believe? But this second lot have had regular watering and are flourishing.
The bench is one of many  on the prom, as a memorial to someone and something Dh and I would like to have with our names; we have spent so many very happy afternoons there.
Here he is with his binoculars, watching the ships. He has a phone ap. that tells you the name of the ship, its cargo, where it came from and where it is going.
It is very interesting even I like to know about the ships.
 And here I am, squinting against the sun.. this morning I had my bob hair cut into short layers.
 A scarf was needed I am terrified of getting a cold, it could trigger a nose bleed so I am being careful. Behind me is Rossi's café, great coffee and amazing Italian ice-cream, we will miss that in Suffolk. We haven't found an ice-cream to match it.
Such a lovely day, the calm after the storm. Hope you had a good day too.

XX
 
Welcome to Rosemary my latest follower.

1 comment:

  1. The sea front looks very inviting, but I have to say I think it's kind of weird to see palm trees in the uk!!!

    ReplyDelete