Thursday, 6 April 2017

Thank goodness for Andrea Levy

I go to the library every Saturday, I have been doing this for years. I sometimes reserve  books that I have had recommended to me and then chose another two or three. Last week I did just that, but what a mistake that was. The book I had reserved I'd already read, I don't remember book titles, but never mind I had three others. One was by an author some one said was a good read, it was definitely not my sort of book, all frothy romance, definitely not me. But that left the mystery one I had chosen; I started it twice before I gave up on it. I hope the author knew what it was about because I certainly didn't nor did a whole lot of other people when I read some comments about it.  And the one book left was this one by Andrea Levy. I have read her 'A Small Island,' and 'Every Light in the House Burnin.' Both excellent reads, I was so relieved, I have a book I can read and enjoy for the rest of the week before Saturday! Some blogs I read rely on the Travelling Library, hope they can reserve books,  because they are not that big so the choice would be limited. I couldn't survive without a book I liked.
What about you?
XX

1 comment:

  1. Reserving books in Suffolk is free! We reserve all ours - more or less- and just collect from the mobile.

    ReplyDelete