Tuesday, 11 April 2017

We needed this....

 We have had a really lovely long weekend in my home town, Porthcawl, S Wales.
Beautiful sun shiny days and nothing to do! We enjoyed the walks looking at the sea.
Far away from the 'moving business' was just what we needed.
The old Lighthouse.
 And we didn't diet either, in fact we ate out Friday with two of my cousins on my father's side of the family. I had a large chocolate fudge cake with ice-cream for my desert.
The Porthcawl Pavillion, where my school friend and I went to dances when we were 16, such happy days, many, many years ago.
 And Saturday we ate at a Harvester and my bbq ribs were so tasty I could have eaten it twice and then I had ice-cream!
We didn't stay at our usual B&B that takes dogs, it had closed down, but found a Travel Lodge that allowed dogs, outside Porthcawl. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows!! I do like a good pillow. We had breakfasts at Costa's, dreamy coffee and cheesy toasties, yum.
It was just what we needed. And now home we feel rested and ready to sort out the rest of this house and garden to move!
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment