Friday, 7 July 2017

Arggggg!!!

Oh dear, yes you've guessed it, I have gained weight this week again. Very annoying because we have spent a lot of money on delicious food, smoked salmon, other fresh fish, fillet steak, lean hand cut thick slices of ham, chickens, so we can have it cold for a couple of days mid-week with packets and packets of salad leaves, tomatoes, fruit especially strawberries and a measured amounts of carbs, potato, pasta or rice... no cake, white bread, chocolate or cheese, no butter, and no sausages!!
So a bit of a 'bummer' and upsetting. I am very despondent and think will never lose even 10% of my weight.
But I have taken some painkillers (anti-inflammatory) this past week, mainly because we have been out and looking for kitchen tiles, paint, and flooring, so lots of walking. This means we can look at the plans with the designer and fitter next week with these in place. The pain killers are inclined to make me retain fluid and they 'glue' me up, if you get my meaning!
So what shall I do? Continue with SW or I can go to free weigh ins with a scheme here in Suffolk? I honestly don't know apart from sewing up my mouth!
Any ideas any successful weight loss peeps?
XX

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know we had free weigh in scheme here in Suffolk! I need to lose 2 stone..........sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check with your Dr, that's where I had the details from..

      Delete
  2. In my lifetime, I've been to Slimming World, WeightWatchers, done the Cambridge Diet and all sorts of 'recommended' ways to lose weight and found that SW and WW worked the best because of the regular weekly meetings and weigh-ins, with the inspirational talks and good advice. However, after about 8 - 10 weeks, I would find myself slipping off the tracks and the weight stopped slipping off me!
    But after a shock Diabetes diagnosis, I discovered the Low Carb/High Fat diet, and because I was scared by the threat of Diabetes I stuck to it. And after 3 months, I saw my Dr again to find that my bloods were normal (no Diabetes signs) and had lost 20lbs in weight. I found the diet enjoyable, felt more energetic, just all round healthier and better. So that's my recommendation!
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb is the one I find the best for recipes, meal plans, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the free weigh ins would be my advice. I have been to every slimming club there is and have finally done it myself. I used Michael Moseley book which has been uodated recently and lost 42lbs in a year. The main difference is the loss of puffiness which I now know comes from too many carbs and mine were mainly from sugar! I bought a set of digital scales as we don't have a free service and kept myself going with lots of soup, veg and a very suppotive husband. Good luck-it won't be easy but I for one will support you online in your efforts. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catriona, I am keeping trying but as you said it is so slow.

      Delete