Monday, 10 July 2017

So have I hit the worst thing?????

My wedding outfit, it will be our eleven years anniversary at the end of this month, it was this lovely two piece aqua colour.
But the skirt was two sizes too big, but I didn't have the time to order my own size, so the sales assistant pointed out the back was elasticated, so with a tweak it would be ok and it was.

I still have it, in fact wore it to a wedding 7 years ago.
Saturday evening we were going out and I planned to wear that skirt with a new lacy top. IT WAS TOO SMALL!!
I was devastated and started to cry. It was a try on and throw on the bed for the next half hour I ended up with a mountain of clothes, but I found a skirt that looked ok-ish.  My maxi dress I bought for Singapore made me look pregnant!!

I knew I weighed more but not that much. I am back on plan, I have now been going to SW for 10 1/2 months but have only lost 11 pounds! Why can't I keep going for longer than a week, and then blow it? I look at different face book slimming groups and some women have lost 9 stones in the same time I've lost pounds, scream, scream, scream!
So it is a now or never situation, this is the end of the road.

XX



4 comments:

  1. Aww Chris, we all have days like that when nothing in our wardrobe seems to fit or look nice and we feel like we haven't got anything at all to wear (but why does it have to happen an hour before you're going out?!). As to your weight loss of 11lbs - ok, so some people do lose a lot, but they were generally massively overweight to begin with. And just think, you're 11lbs lighter than you were a year ago - lighter when, if you're anything like me, if you hadn't been dieting then you would most likely have put on yet another few pounds. Losing weight is very hard, especially as you get older, but with commitment, slow plodding and the knowledge that there will be times when you fall off the wagon but you get straight back on again at the earliest opportunity, you WILL get there. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon and, much as we'd like to wake up tomorrow 2 stone lighter, we know that slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you've done incredibly well to have lost 11lbs. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Chris from me too, and everything that Sooze says.

    I'm in the same boat, it's so hard isn't it?

    Lets try again, the slow plod but we'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, you've managed to keep that weight off which is fantastic. I seem to go for a couple of months, lose a couple of stone, then put it back on plus a bit more every time. Lots of understanding here xx

    ReplyDelete